Wednesday 18 February 2015

Swimming

Description: This term we have started swimming again. We are preparing for swimming sports. Swimming sports is a selection of different races between students. There are races of freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke. We made three videos of each stroke so that we could observe our swimming and create our goal around our skills in the pool. Here are my videos.





                                         
The Big Idea:  I watched carefully and decided on my goal. My goal is to: Work on my kicking my legs more in backstroke so that I can go faster and more smoothly. To achieve this I will lift my hips up higher and kick harder. I will know when I have achieved this goal when I am concentrating more and I know I can't get it wrong. I will ask a buddy for feedback and ask them to take a video of me so that I can be sure. then I will be ready to pick a new goal. I aim to get have acheived my goal before swimming sports.

This is a video of me a few weeks later after practise.



Evaluation: I think I have improved in backstroke because at simming sports I could feel my toes comingto the surface and family told me that I as swimming in a straight line and that my hips were up higher. Next time I ould ork onmy arms and keeping them Oppisite so that when one of my arms are out of the water the other one is breaking the surfuce.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed watching your videos, its a clever way to analyse your swimming. Kicking is a great goal for you, as I'm there is lots of power in those legs of yours. What other things do you think you could use 'videoing for improvement' for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughtful reflection Ana. You goal is specific which helped you to focus on each detail when you were in the pool.

    It is fantastic that you have looked to a range of sources to assess how well you achieved your goal.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete