Thursday 11 June 2015

Animal adaptations inquiry!

Description: For science we got to chose who we wanted to be with. We went to each teacher. Troy, Suzanne and Ebony. Troy is doing food webs, Suzanne is doing the human body and Ebony is doing animal adaptations. I'm in Ebony's group for inquiry. We are learning about biological adaptations and behavioural adaptations. A biological adaptation is something an animal has developed that is part of their body like wings or fur. A behavioural adaption is something they learnt to do like a sea bird dropping mussels on the rocks to open them. 

Purpose: To think like a scientist.




Criteria
Think like a scientist 
Act like a scientist 
Talk like a scientist .
 
Big idea:We had to chose animal and think of a burning question about them around a biological or behavioural adaptation. I chose the Peregrine falcon. I my burning question was how fast can they go. I made a haiku deck about what I predicted it would be and the answer.

Feedback/Feedforward: I think that you did a really good job on your presentation but next time you could do an experiment. Aalaa

Evaluation: I think I did well at gathering my information but next time I could do an experiment because my presentation is a bit boring and doesn't have any audience participation.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Ana. You were in your element with this project. You asked fantastic questions of other presenters which shows that you are always ready to think like a scientist. What is great is that not only do you ask questions but you predict and make judgements based on connections with other prior knowledge. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete