Thursday 26 March 2015

Te Ahu a Turanga Noho Marae!

Description:  In week 7, we had an overnight stay at the local Marae in Woodville. We were immersed in Maori culture and participated in a range of activities. We arrived with our buddies and participated in all the activities set for us by our teachers together. After a hearty afternoon tea our buddies departed to school, leaving us to spend the night alone. Well it wasn't that bad. We set two goals to focus on during our stay. Here are my goals.



Big Idea:  
1.  Did you achieve your goals?  How do you know?
 For my first goal to do all my goals to the best of my ability did not work out because I in the end I did not do it. My second goal I achieved. I know this beacause I got every where I needed to be on time and did not need to go back to do something I forgot to do.

2.  What are you most proud of from the marae stay and why?
I am proud of not talking at night because I was really tired and wanted to get a lot of sleep. I am also proud of completing the Gorge because my bag was really heavy and hard to carry.

3.  What challenged you the most and why?
The Gorge walk because my pack was really heavy and most of it was up hill so it was difficult to climb all the way up with only a few stops.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience for you Ana, you are really growing in maturity in the way you approach physical challenges like the gorge walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana, I love how reflective you have been in your responses. The Gorge Walk sure was pretty steep. I was a bit puffed when we hit the top too. It's cool that Dad was able to enjoy and share the experience with you.

    ReplyDelete