Thursday 19 March 2015

Storytelling

Purpose: Create a story to share orally.
Description: Oral storytelling is a Maori tradition. We have been planning our own story to tell on the Marae in Week 7. We had to make a story board to help us figure out what was going to happen in our story. My story is about how the sky was made. It is set in a town where the only colours are dark green and gray. We also had to do a character description. Here are mine.





Big idea: In the end I had to change my story because it didn't turn out quite right. Annie turned out nice and was the one that changed the colour. Watch my video to see the other differences. 

-Between 1 and 2 minutes long
-Using your voice to make sounds effects
-Using your whole body to make actions
-Use your face to tell a story through facial expression
-Knowing the story, knowing the setting
-Get the picture into your listener’s head
-Stay in character - keep your composure.
-Audience participation

-Unique and original (Hook your audience).
Here is my video.Hope you enjoy.

Evaluation: Next time I would make my story with more crowd participation. I am proud of my story itself and what I changed it to.

Feedback/Feedforward: I think you made your voice really clear that I could under stand what you were saying and also I thought you made your message very clear. Next time you could let the audience participate and also use some more actions. Zara

4 comments:

  1. You have done a great job Ana with the voices of your characters. Next time you could put some audience participation into your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Ana, it is hard to fit a creation story into a very short time and you've done that well. I like how you linked peoples' emotions to colour. I will not be painting our house green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful storytelling Ana. You spoke clearly, so it was easy to listen and understand your story. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana, I thought you used beautiful descriptive language, until it got to the puke scene and I wished you hadn't haha! Memphis was right about getting some audience participation, that would have capped off an already brilliant performance.

    ReplyDelete