Wednesday 12 February 2014

Term I goals.

These are some of my term 1 goals.



My reading goal  for term 1 is to...  Compare and contrast a variety of different texts.
The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because... I would like to challenge myself to read things that I wouldn't usually read like magazines and newspapers.
I will accomplish my goal by...  Chosing to read different kinds of texts by doing things like when I am going to the library going to the magazine section.
I will know I have achieved my goal by... When I go into a room and there is a newspaper on the table I will walk over, pick it up and open it to the first page without even thinking about it! Also I will be able to talk about what I have read to compare and contrast stories/article about the same theme.

My maths goal is to... Add and subtract fractions.
The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because...I know how to order fractions but I don't know how to add and subtract when they have a different denominator.
I will accomplish my goal by... Praticing and asking my teacher to help me.

3 comments:

  1. These are admirable and achievable goals for you Ana. I wonder if you can practice fraction addition/subtraction in your everyday life? You have worked hard getting your priorities done this week and will be able put the planning and "doing" skills you are learning into good use in the future. Great effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goals Ana, you've obviously put lots of thought into these - I'm looking forward to hearing about all the interesting and different styles of writing that you encounter in the magazine section!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ana - your reading goal made me smile! What a great challenge! I wonder if you will find just as much enjoyment from reading articles in magazines/newspapers as you do from a great novel? I must admit to liking different styles of writing at different times. I love a good novel in the holidays when I can become lost in the story and I find newspaper articles very informative - they help me to be aware of what is going on in the world around me. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete