Friday 21 August 2015

Wearable arts.

Description: For production we are doing Wearable arts. The main theme of the production is Ora-Life. We have to make a costume of recycled material. We had a day where we went to all the teachers in poutama for a 'taster'. The options were, Heros and Villians, Elements and Out of Africa. I am in Out of Africa, we have to create a garment that relates to Africa. First we had to reaserch Africa and make a mood board. A mood board is a poster of all these things related. To your topic that you liked. Next we had to plan our garment out, here is my plan and my mood board.




I have got both my wings done now and they are looking fabulous so far. I am going to finish my tail and make my mask next and then my costume will be complete.

1) The materials that I used to create my garment were: Paper, hairtyes, elastic, staples, bath towel, cardboard, cable tyes.

2) The most challenging thing about production for me was: cutting out the feathers because it was extremly tedious and they broke easily.

3) One way I demonstrated a growth mindset during production was: when I couldn't find anything to use in my hair but I kept on looking and found some cable tyes.

4) Something I am really proud of about production was: my wings because now that I am finished they look amazing.

5) Our school vision is to create agency, creativity and excellence. I showed this by: creating my t-shirt out of a bath sheet and my feathers out of paper.


Here is my costume.



2 comments:

  1. You have worked hard cutting out the feathers - I can't wait to see the final creation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ana, your vision is incredibly creative and you have been so patient cutting out all those different feathers. The wing looks fabulous and I am excited to see you showing off your garment on stage next week.

    ReplyDelete